Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A-SEN-CHAR

I know it's been quite a long time. Funny thing is I can't say I had been busy; cause I haven't. It's been one of the free-est couple of months of my life. And I can't seem to decide whether I'm loving it or loathing it.

Having quit ABN AMRO Bank in August, I landed up here in Accenture and heaven knows how relieved I am. No more sales calls, no more TARGETS, no more humiliation. I'm by myself, so to speak. As I mentioned earlier, I'm looking forward to using my grey cells here instead of the parroty sales talk.

Now, being free is more than a metaphor here. Literally speaking, I am not on a project currently, so I'm free; and figuratively speaking, I'm free from all the hassles I just described. I like it here. Made some friends, have the weekend off, do NOT have to wear a tie everyday etc. What? You call this cool? Wait till you hear the other side.

I get up every morning at 7 now. Not for exercise, to catch my cab @ 7:40. It takes me 1.5 hours in the morning & 2 hours in the evening commute. That's just one of the downsides here. Being chained to your desk for long does mean an onset of obesity & lethargy. I'm bogged down by the latter; trying my best to stave off the former.

The other downer is the paucity of time to kill time; know what I mean? Not knowing what to do with time on your hand is such a waste. That's why to kill time, I started trading on the markets. Needless to say, I traded my money in the markets with experience. Having lost quite a lot on speculation, I'm trying my best to turn my mind away from it. But what do I do?

2 comments:

Prady said...

Getting up early for catching cab was one of thing that bothered me a lot. That's so stupid isn't it.

Anyways, are you still on bench?? lucky fellow, I always wanted to be on bench for while :P, but never got any chance in long 2 years.
And yes man you have to get the right pronunciation. And I remember how tough it was to tell ppl to how to pronounce it ;).

rakee said...

i have seen your blog its interesting and informative.
I really like the content you provide in the blog.
But you can do more with your blog spice up your blog, don't stop providing the simple blog you can provide more features like forums, polls, CMS,contact forms and many more features.
Convert your blog "yourname.blogspot.com" to www.yourname.com completely free.
free Blog services provide only simple blogs but we can provide free website for you where you can provide multiple services or features rather than only simple blog.
Become proud owner of the own site and have your presence in the cyber space.
we provide you free website+ free web hosting + list of your choice of scripts like(blog scripts,CMS scripts, forums scripts and may scripts) all the above services are absolutely free.
The list of services we provide are

1. Complete free services no hidden cost
2. Free websites like www.YourName.com
3. Multiple free websites also provided
4. Free webspace of1000 Mb / 1 Gb
5. Unlimited email ids for your website like (info@yoursite.com, contact@yoursite.com)
6. PHP 4.x
7. MYSQL (Unlimited databases)
8. Unlimited Bandwidth
9. Hundreds of Free scripts to install in your website (like Blog scripts, Forum scripts and many CMS scripts)
10. We install extra scripts on request
11. Hundreds of free templates to select
12. Technical support by email

Please visit our website for more details www.HyperWebEnable.com and www.HyperWebEnable.com/freewebsite.php

Please contact us for more information.


Sincerely,

HyperWebEnable team
info@HyperWebEnable.com