Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My Fantastic Movies Collection

I am on an extended long weekend break from work so I thought I might as well catalogue my Movies. While at it, I said to myself why not ask you guys what your favourite movies are and discuss mine.

One of the major aims of this post is to find out which movies I've missed out on. I have most of the IMDB Top 250 movies in my collection; at least the ones that appealed to me enough to merit a place in my collection. I find IMDB as a mixed bag really, the site id est. Even though some people find it hard to digest the rankings, I found it to be a nice startng point to build one's catalogue.

Over the course of the next couple of days, I will start posting my collection, decade -wise and hope you guys can enlighten me on what I'm missing out on. I might add here that some movies in my collection aren't there for their cinematic qualities but for the sheer reason of my wanting to watch them.

Lets start with the Pre 1950s:



My personal favourites from the list are :
It Happened One Night
Citizen Kane
and
It's a Wonderful Life

Lets see what your favourites are. I could do with some recommendations. Tomorrow I will post the 1950s & 1960s list.

No comments: